Monday, August 8, 2011

Hypertufa Drying Rack

  I needed a place to dry the tufa containers that was sturdy and out of the way. Once again I turned to my free wood and got busy making this rack. It didn't take long to make, just a couple hours. It's against the fence so it's out of the way and very sturdy.

I've made a few new pieces, a window box and several large bowls. I colored the cement brown but I think this got soaked off in part of the curing process. I've learned to soak new pieces for several days and then let them air dry for a couple weeks. Apparently not the stained pieces, I’ll have to hose them off daily.


This bowl was made with 2 different batches. You can see the stripe of the darker color at the top. I just pulled this one out of the water today. It'll be interesting to see what it looks like when it's dry.

I've been doing exciting projects. Made a gate, my first. It turned out ok I think. More on that after I hang it.
Bob, my husband, and I made a Solar Box Cooker.  We're now in the midst of working out the details. I redesigned it a bit today and will finish tomorrow, so more on that to come as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment