Friday, March 22, 2013

Mini Greenhouse For Practical Use

This was written 3 yrs ago. The update is above.

I needed a place to start vege's so I collected free windows from craigslist. It had a wooden roof at first till I got  more windows. Now it has windows for a roof. I put heavy plastic on either end at the peak to hold in heat. I built a frame inside to hold trays of plants. One window serves as a door.  It's on wheels that can be locked. I roll it around the patio to follow the sun. We're renting here so I wanted to make something we could take with us. Still needs to be painted, Instead of the plastic I'll put bead board with a vent. For now it's very functional. My vege's are doing well in there, it's almost time to plant!

2 comments:

  1. The best feature is that it's on wheels and I can move it around to follow the sun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the cold frame design and all the helpful ideas that go with it. Your plan has been downloaded and I am hoping to get something put together this summer....we'll see how it goes.

    You have some wonderful garden ideas and advice. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete