Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Wall of Strawberries

This is my wall of strawberries. After it fills in it should be like a living wall. To make this I picked up plastic covered shelving and hung several from our patio. I hung wire baskets lined with cork. There are 2 plants per basket. Each basket has a plastic bag with holes for drainage with a good potting mix and homemade compost. Keeping strawberries off the ground was the main goal. The slugs get them,  if they're on the ground here in CO. I'll take more photos as they fill in. So far they've survived 50mph winds!

This is a living wall from Epcot Center in Florida, my inspiration.They made theirs differently than I did, but the idea is the same.

This is such a beautiful setting. A unique idea for vertical gardening.

No comments:

Post a Comment