Monday, August 20, 2012

Update on the Vanilla

The Tahitian beans finally came! I went to CA for 2 weeks and when I got back they were here!

I'm happy to say that I'm a Grandma again! My son and his girlfriend, Melinda, had a baby boy, Aiden. It was great to spend time with them. We made blackberry jam and had a good visit.

 This is Melinda with some of the jam we made.











 This is my son Ryan, Melinda and Aiden










 Back to the beans.

 This is the Tahitian after 6 days.

 The new beans made 4 jars of  2c. each. Three jars have 18 beans, one jar have 12 beans. I bought a half a pound.












                                                                                     
Update on the Madagascar beans. Showing a nice color.










The Mexican beans are also showing good color.












This is the card that came with some of the vanilla beans. Very helpful. On this card it says to shake every day for a month. Some other info I found said shake every day for 5-6 months. I don't shake it every day. Not a big deal. I do it when I think of it, every few days. It's still doing it's thing. The Tahitian is a month behind the other two, but by Christmas
it should be caught up or close enough.
I'll be giving a set of three kinds of vanilla with beans in each bottle.Along with it, I'll give a small bottle of vodka to refill them. As an avid baker, I would love to receive this as a gift!

This is the company that sent my beans the fastest! They were here within 4 days of ordering.
I'll do another update in a month or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment